Congress has chosen Friday, September 17th as Constitution Day. Below is a quiz on the Constitution that you should find informative. The answers will be posted tomorrow. More information on the Constitution can be found at www.archives.gov, and at www.opm.gov/constitution_initiative. RPA encourage every member to take time throughout the year to learn more about our Constitution and to give thanks for the freedoms it provides us.
Constitution Quiz 2010
1. Our Constitution protects your right to travel freely from state to state.
2. The Fourth Amendment to our Constitution protects your phone calls from unwarranted government eavesdropping.
3. The Fourth Amendment requires a law enforcement officer to have a reasonable justification
to shoot a dog or other privately-owned animal.
4. When DEA Agents stop a vehicle driven by a known drug dealer, and they order the driver to raise his hands, if the driver ignores the command and bends down toward the floor of the vehicle, the Agents have the right under the Fourth Amendment to shoot at the driver in self-defense, without waiting to see what the driver is reaching for.
5. George Washington signed the Declaration of Independence.
6. How long did it take to write our Constitution?
7. The Fifth Amendment provides that private property may not be taken from you by the Federal Government without just compensation.
8. The Constitution gives Congress the power to promote the Arts and Sciences by granting copyrights and patents to authors and inventors.
9. The Constitution requires Congress to assemble at least once every year.
10. The current Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court is:
a. Antonin Scalia
b. John Roberts
c. Clarence Thomas
Again, thank you Carla Nagel for sharing a “Quiz” with RPA members.