APPLICATION FORMS SELECTION:
Thank you for your interest in the Richmond Paralegal Association (RPA).
For over 30 years, RPA has offered programs and network opportunities to promote the paralegal profession through awareness, education, and public service.
Please accept RPA’s invitation to explore our membership opportunities. As an RPA member, you can exchange and share experiences, opinions, and knowledge with paralegals in the Richmond metropolitan area.
- Contact and direct association with members who share like interests and goals
- Opportunities to promote standards for the paralegal profession
- General and specialized continuing legal education designed for paralegals through member brown bag luncheons and dinner meetings
- Opportunities to volunteer with Court Appointed Special Advocates (“CASA”) and the Central Virginia Legal Aid Society
RPA membership includes:
- Sharing knowledge and efficient procedures among professionals with diverse experiences and training
- Notification of workshops and conferences presented by the National Association of Legal Assistants – Paralegals (“NALA”), the Virginia Alliance of Paralegal Associations (“VAPA”), and other organizations.
- An annual Law Day luncheon and Paralegal Week reception
- Assistance in working toward Certified Paralegal status through a study group
- Access to the Mentor/Mentee program for students or paralegals changing practice areas
- Receipt of On The Record – the Association’s quarterly newsletter
- A free job bank to members and area employers
- Participation in networking events and establishment of fellowship
- Active (Voting Privileges) – $75.00
- (1) Any individual who has successfully completed a curriculum of training as a paralegal at an approved school or (2) any individual who has been continuously employed as a paralegal for a minimum of two years or (3) any individual who has successfully completed the CP examination administered by the National Association of Legal Assistants. RPA does not recognize correspondence or home study courses as fulfilling the educational criteria necessary to become an active member of the organization.
- Lifetime (Voting Privileges) – Free
- Any individual who qualifies as an Active Member who has also been given Lifetime Member status from the RPA Executive Board.
- Provisional (Non-Voting) – $50.00
- Any individual who does not meet the requirements for active membership but is employed as a paralegal. All provisional members will automatically become active members upon completion of two (2) years of provisional membership.
- Student (Non-Voting) – $25.00
- Any individual who is a student in good standing pursuing a course of study as a paralegal at an approved school provided the individual is not employed as a paralegal.
- Retired (Non-Voting) – $25.00
- Any member of RPA currently residing in the Richmond metropolitan area, who has retired from the paralegal profession.
- Associate and Sustaining (Non-Voting) – $100.00
- Those individuals who are members of bar associations and/or members of the educational field endorsing the paralegal concept, individuals or entities that are actively involved in the promotion of the paralegal profession, and those individuals and entities that provide services to and who contribute $100.00 or more annually.
For additional membership information contact the Committee Chair by e-mail at Membership@richmondparalegals.org