Continuing Legal Education
RPA offers a variety of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits each year for members who have earned the Certified Paralegal (CP®) or Advanced Certified Paralegal (ACP) designation from NALA, as required by Article X of the RPA Bylaws, and other credentials members may hold.
CLE is offered at lunch and dinner meetings throughout the year, as well as longer seminars on Saturdays, including our biennial Fall Seminar. Lunch meetings are typically held in downtown Richmond in February, April, June, August, and October. Dinner meetings are usually held at locations around the Greater Richmond area in January, March, and September. Our Annual Meeting in November typically does not include CLE.
Meeting sponsors cover or help defray the cost of meals at the meetings. CLE itself is generally free for RPA members. Non-members are welcome at any RPA meeting, and can attend one RPA meeting at the RPA member price, and subsequent meetings for a small non-member fee.
Top Five Reasons to Attend RPA meetings:
- Outstanding networking opportunities — meet with fellow paralegals and others in the legal profession and learn new ways to tackle opportunities and challenges in the workplace
- Hands-on seminars — improve your paralegal knowledge with topics across the spectrum of practice areas
- Valuable insight — well-known speakers impart knowledge and experience
- CLE hours – apply credit hours toward certification requirements for paralegal credentials, based on NALA CLE requirements
- Affordable registration — registration fees are kept low, thanks to generous sponsors and speakers
RPA has welcomed local, state, and national speakers on legal project management, real estate law, estate planning, human trafficking, accident reconstruction, leadership, litigation technology, fiduciary litigation, corporate compliance, adoption law, Adobe for paralegals, out of state depositions, Federal Court 101, and many other topics, as well as our annual legislative review, periodic Certified Paralegal exam study groups, and at least one hour of ethics CLE each year.
Questions about CLE, recommendations for and proposals from speakers, and inquiries by sponsors should be directed to the 1st Vice President/Education Chair at Click Here for email